Take a look at Kudos Inspire
In partnership with the Inspiring Futures Foundation, CASCAiD has launched a new online guidance tool: Kudos Inspire.
You can take a look at Kudos Inspire by watching the video below.
Kudos Inspire builds on the popular careers matching program Kudos. As well as transparent careers matching and comprehensive career information, Kudos Inspire includes a range of new and innovative features, including:
- My Skills which identifies transferable skills and how they link to careers
- Inspire Me! which shows careers that students can aspire to if they raise their achievement
- Subject Check which enables students to identify the subjects they need to take post-16 to achieve their career goals
- Progression Routes which highlight routes to professional careers
- Information on university-level courses
- UCAS Personal Statement builder with in-depth guidance
- Articles relating to education, training and career planning
- CV building tool to create and manage a CV
- Education and career plans which encourage students to plan and set goals.
Kudos Inspire is the perfect tool to help raise students’ aspirations and achievement. It promotes social mobility by showing every student what they have the potential to achieve and supports the raising the participation age and widening participation agendas.
Here is our guide to how Kudos Inspire helps your students:
Kudos Inspire uses each student’s likes and dislikes, skills and qualifications to generate personalised career ideas.
Using the ‘Inspire Me!’ tool, students can see the additional careers which would become available to them if they achieved higher-level qualifications.
Kudos Inspire helps students to plan a route into careers by illustrating progression pathways for careers requiring a level three qualification or higher. Kudos Inspire illustrates appropriate academic and vocational routes, along with essential and useful subjects.
Kudos Inspire helps students plan for post-16 learning. Students can record subjects that they are planning to study and use the subject checker to see if those subjects are compatible with their career plans.
Kudos Inspire is also an excellent tool for post-16 students planning to progress to a university-level course. Students can explore the courses which are relevant to their career aspirations.
Kudos Inspire also helps students develop a UCAS Personal Statement by allowing them to build evidence as they work through the program. The ‘Personal Statement Supporting Information’ section encourages students to record achievements and activities which will support their application with prompts including:
- What have you learnt from your work experience?
- Skills and qualities developed when in positions of responsibility
- Interesting and unique factors you could bring to a degree
- What you learnt from activities and successes outside school
- Events, interests or activities which have sparked your interest in the degree.
‘My UCAS Personal Statement’ enables students to build the content of their personal statement, with guidance including good and bad examples.
Students can also add evidence from Kudos Inspire, including their skills and achievements.
Kudos Inspire encourages students to plan their future by adding action points throughout the program to ‘My Education Plan’ and ‘My Career Plan’.
‘My Education Plan’ enables students to record subjects, university-level courses and institutions that they are interested in and set goals.
Similarly, ‘My Career Plan’ enables students to record careers that they are interested in and set goals.
‘My Career Plan’ also includes a skills checking tool which compares each student’s skills to the skills required in the careers they are interested in. This enables students to easily identify skills that they need to improve.
Kudos Inspire will also help students create their first CV with guidance on what to add in each section.
You can find out more about Kudos Inspire by requesting a free trial. Click here to request your trial.
We provide free teachers’ guides, focusing on using elements of the program to support specific activities, including:
- Using Kudos Inspire to raise aspirations
- Using Kudos Inspire to make post-16 choices
- Using Kudos Inspire to support higher education applications.
You can take a look at these resources by clicking here.
Kudos Inspire costs £499. Schools with a current Kudos licence can upgrade to Kudos Inspire for just £200.
Prices exclude VAT, are for one-year site licences and are valid until 31st July 2012.
For more information, please click here.
Kudos Inspire can be integrated into the wider Inspire package of services.
Inspire offers a menu of flexible activities for students from Year 9 to post-16.
Inspire activities include:
• Challenges that provide structured, whole-year group activities focusing on helping students prepare for transition to their next stage of education.
• Workshops which encourage students to understand what they are capable of, as well as motivating them to explore their future.
• Personalised future planning using Kudos Inspire.
• Guidance interviews where students can discuss their plans and get advice to help them decide what to do next.
• CPD and Inset opportunities for teachers and senior leadership teams to help embed the success of raising student aspirations throughout the school.
• Support for parents’ events to help schools promote the benefits of raising aspirations.
• The Inspire Helpline, which provides telephone and email support from experienced guidance specialists.
Our regional associates will work with you to provide a customised menu of activities to meet your budget.
To find out more about Inspire, visit http://www.inspirecareers.org.uk/.